Onsite property management is a system where building managers or their representative are present in the building at all times. A building manager is responsible for any services provided in the commercial building. Some services provided are security, maintenance, health, and comfort.
Moreover a property manager is mainly delegated towards operating and showing the building when an owner isn’t present to do so themselves.
In some cases the property manager maybe in charge of collecting rents in addition to maintenance, dealing with tenants, and coordinating with the owner’s wishes. The affinity between the landlord to a property manager and with the tenant is paramount in forming the assumption that both sides have towards leasing since all sides have a vested interest in the form of rights derived from it.
Onsite building manager are typically responsible for the following:
- Maintenance programs to building’s facilities, such as fire alarms, water sprinkle systems, electrical, elevators, and lighting systems.
- Ensure compliance with all city codes, vendor management, and construction requirements. Along with city codes, complying with insurance and tax situations.
- Handling the building’s upkeep and maintenance. The upkeep includes trash disposal, landscaping, pest control, and the HVAC systems.
- The building manager also addresses clogged toilets, broken windows, and a damaged roof.
- Executes programs and maintenance to establish the building in the best and agreeable condition.
- For commercial buildings without onsite management or security services, management will hire other outside service companies to provide tenants to best service at all times.
The onsite property managers are responsible for the daily operations of the building to which they are assigned.
Onsite building management is featured commonly found in many historic landmark and Class-A commercial buildings throughout Manhattan today. If you are searching and considering leasing an office space within a building that offers onsite management on premises; contact us – we have detailed data on all the properties that are staffed by building management.